Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Norsworthy Delight (Peachberry cookies)


Ruston is known for it's blueberries and peaches. I went blueberry picking with my mom last weekend and with an overabundance of blueberries I thought - now what? Every morning I would put the tiny blueberries in my life cereal for breakfast but I wanted more from my tasty berries. My friend Clint Norsworthy loved when I made fruit pizza and so I thought of a modified version that included just blueberries and peaches. So, in honor of Clint I named this treat after him. And it was a hit. 

 Ingredients 
1 (18 ounce ) package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
1 (8 ounce) container of frozen whipped topping , thawed ( i used a light version of whip cream)
2 containers of blueberries
3 peaches (depending on size - mine were kind of small)
   cookie cutters (whatever shape you want - I used a circle)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the cookie cutter and cut your dough in the desired shapes and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, then fold in the whip cream. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange fruit on each cookie ( in any what you want ). 
3. Chill for two hours, then serve. 

It's a simple way to make a light summer treat and delicious too! 

3 comments:

James-ish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James-ish said...

So how tasty were these? We may have to recreate them here if they're good...or you could mail us some! =)

-James

Dana said...

if i mailed them then they might be kind of gross - but i mean they were pretty good!