Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to the Blog - Episode 3

In the words of Alexander, who found gum in his hair when he woke up and no toy in his cereal box, last week I had a series of "no good, horrible, very bad days." By Saturday my swollen and still hurting cheek left me with only one thing - grumpiness. My diet for the last three days had consisted of oatmeal, grits, smoothies and mashed potatoes. This lack of solid stable nutrition left me cranky. I mean even the littlest things get on your nerves kind of cranky. So, I do apologize to anyone I talked to or spend time with - my mood was just not right. Please know that was not the real me - it was the swollen cheek talking. But like all good mothers, Alexander's mom said "some days are just like that." By Sunday I was eating a little more, and I got to watch the Saints game with the Woods family - what could better than that - well maybe actually being in the superdome. Monday morning, brought not only rain but a healed cheek and a happier Dana.  update on the door handle : Good news it's still under warranty and will be fixed soon, more good news : I'm becoming a pro at getting in through the passenger side.

No comments: