Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just one of those days....

Let me just rant for just a second. The rain continues in Ruston and I think for the first time since it started I'm feeling it's effects. Oh the gloom has come and I just can't shake it. I feel like if I could just go to sleep and wake up again to start this day over things would be better. Here's the kicker, nothing is really going wrong. I just have that general state of blahness. Is that even a word? Blahness? Well other than feeling blah like I've been doing this project for school which I actually love.... it's basically an exercise that requires you to look into your past and see how your culture has shaped you. It just so happens I was born into the city of culture. This assignment also requires you to interview family members about memories, traditions and explanations of what early life was like for them. For most of my life I have loved stories, I have had a deep sense of appreciation and love for my family and the time I get to share with them, I feel like my culture has shaped who I am and in that way I think I'm most like my PawPaw. The greatest pain in all this though is why is this a part of who I am when I don't see the reason in it? Some would say that I'm nostalgic but what's so great about being nostalgic? What purpose does it serve in eternity and do people really care about the details or am I'm just in this alone? I'm just quite confused .... the emotion of my week .....

No comments: